[et_pb_section transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” admin_label=”section” disabled=”off”][et_pb_row make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” use_custom_gutter=”off” gutter_width=”3″ padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” make_equal=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”on” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”on” parallax_3=”off” parallax_method_3=”on” parallax_4=”off” parallax_method_4=”on” admin_label=”row” disabled=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ disabled=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” admin_label=”Text” use_border_color=”off” border_style=”solid” disabled=”off” inline_fonts=”Roboto”]
E-mail, texting and other forms of electronic written communication are now ubiquitous, allowing managers and supervisors to transmit near-instantaneous messages around the world. While many recipients read their e-mails and texts right away, an increasing number feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume they receive daily. Others feel that e-mail and texting lengthens the workday, encroaching on family time because workers never feel truly “away” from work.
E-mails can be an especially rich form of communication if they are timely and carefully tailored to their recipients. Here are 10 guidelines for using email effectively and wisely.
1. Check your e-mail regularly and respond promptly whenever possible. Many experts recommend you set aside specific portions of your day to attend to email. Just make sure to keep a keen eye out for urgent messages.
2. Keep your e-mail folder clean and up to date. I know people who keep hundreds of messages in their inbox. It can quickly become overwhelming. Do yourself a favor by using folders to store messages and only keeping the ones you need.
3. Keep your sentences brief and messages short. Email is not the appropriate format for submitting a massive report to your boss. Send a short message with an attachment instead.
4. Draw the recipient’s attention to important topics with descriptive subjects for your messages.
5. Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure. Note that every communication you send is constantly being evaluated, telling the receiver much about you and your employer. At the same time, remember that we work in a global economy full of different languages. Many of the people with whom you communicate with may not have the same primary language as you, so don’t be critical of others.
6. Do not send emotional or highly personal messages! A good rule of thumb is to take a few deep breaths before sending an emotional message to a coworker – and then do not send it. Remember that your work emails are likely considered company property and may be read by others. Use a different email address for your personal business.
7. Take yourself off distribution lists that you do not need to be on. They can quickly become an annoying distraction and a time-waster.
8. Beware the “reply all” button. Just about everyone has an embarrassing story about a private reply send accidentally to multiple people. The best advice is to pay careful attention and check twice before sending any private messages.
9. Limit the use of emoticons, emojis, abbreviations and acronyms. While it is tough to go wrong with a smiley face, emojis can be especially problematic. They could have hidden meanings that may be inappropriate for professional communications, so use with caution or not at all.
10. Know your employer’s policies on e-mail. Respect everyone’s privacy and time away from work, avoid conveying sensitive or confidential information, and do not send any materials that someone might perceive as creating an offensive atmosphere.
In closing, do not let e-mail or texting be a substitute for face-to-face communications. If you keep these suggestions in mind and combine them with a healthy portion of common sense, you will go a long way toward making sure your emails and texts are both professional and appropriate.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” use_custom_gutter=”off” gutter_width=”3″ padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” make_equal=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”on” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”on” parallax_3=”off” parallax_method_3=”on” parallax_4=”off” parallax_method_4=”on” disabled=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ disabled=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://mgmt.blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ICPM_Banner_728x90.gif” show_in_lightbox=”off” url=”https://www.icpm.biz/” url_new_window=”on” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1px” border_style=”solid” disabled=”off”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favourite justification seemed to be on the internet the easiest factor to take into account of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider issues that they plainly do not recognize about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the entire thing with no need
side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be
back to get more. Thank you
An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a
coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact ordered me
breakfast because I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So allow
me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah,
thanks for spending the time to talk about this issue here on your
Everyone loves it when individuals get together and share views.
Great blog, continue the good work!
Thank you for any other informative site. The place else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means?
I have a undertaking that I’m just now operating on,
and I have been at the look out for such information.
Howdy, would you mind letting me know which web host you’re
utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers, and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price?
I am really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you
ever run into any web browser compatibility problems?
A few of my blog readers have complained about my site
not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.
Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?
Hello to every one, the contents present at this website are really awesome for people
knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.
I am commenting to let you know what a terrific experience my daughter enjoyed reading through your
web page. She noticed a wide variety of pieces,
with the inclusion of what it is like to have an awesome helping style
to have the rest without hassle grasp some grueling matters.
nice dear, thanks
My spouse and I love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be just what I’m
looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for you?
I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on some the subjects you write concerning here.
Again, awesome weblog!
This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!!
Finally I’ve found something that helped
me. Many thanks!
Greetings. I know this is somewhat off-topic, but
I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment
form? I’m using the same blog platform like yours, and I’m having difficulty finding one?
Thanks a lot.